Digital Marketing is one of the lowest cost ways to get your company ROI. What happens if you don't do it right? Not much. The following companies are case studies on how not to market your business online or manage or even grow your digital assets.
Thier facebook page is a ghost town not because of the content but because the page is not being promoted appropriately.
www.hogan1.com is the website for a major national brand yet this small independent blog has a better global rank and a similar national one?
Negative comments on social media without any positive testimonials to diffuse them or an apologetic reply from the social media team are other negatives toward their brand.
They are very similar to my former client GoByTruck.
However, one has a Linkedin Influencer for their CEO guess who that is?
Hint not Agilis.
Again my blog is ranked higher.
My blog is ranked higher in Alexa once again.
Facebook page is a empty shell.
This is only scratching the surface but where can improvements be made?
All three companies need an integrated content sharing, content management and audience engagement strategy. Paid Facebook promotion of the website and Facebook page should be instituted and a brand management strategy should be instituted on all social channels. Regular sitemap updates are needed and a blog with regularly updated content for each website.
How will this benefit them? Increased brand engagement, brand equity and website traffic will lead to a noticeable increase in revenue, sales and strategic opportunities.
For their senior leadership and Linkedin page a content and marketing strategy are also needed.
With these and a few more changes you can make digital marketing a vital part of your marketing mix again.
When you are building up your website you must find ways to build links to increase your traffic. This list is a collection of social media, web directories and much more you can begin with.
WANT TO GET RICH? YOU NEED MORE TRAFFIC, HERE'S HOW TO GET STARTED
Ten ways you can build content to market your website or business
One of the huge goals of a entrepreneur is to generate traffic and provide value to potential customers and clients. By providing great content you are offering a free means of showing your expertise and value.
1. Build a blog. According to Hubspot, websites that have blogs get twice as many inbound links, 400 percent more indexed pages, and a more than 50 percent increase in traffic, compared to websites without blogs. Search engines and people love blogs these days.
2. Join the conversation with Community Forums. A forum is a discussion site on a relevant subject, hosted and moderated by you, which adds authority, content, and traffic to your website. The registration process to join can give you a very targeted email list.
3. Curation, the most efficient content. Curation is humanly aggregating, filtering, and re-posting the best-of-the-best content on the web, relative to your product or service area. This shows your knowledge and positions your company as a thought leader.
4. Win with engaging contests. Not a new idea, but when used creatively, can entice new prospect traffic and backlinks to your site. People these days love to submit stories, vote on other entries, and receive the recognition of even small prizes or product rewards.
5. Traditional publishing out, self-publishing in with eBooks. You don’t need a real book as a base for electronic books, as people now prefer something akin to a “white paper” on steroids. It’s just another way to demonstrate credibility and attract traffic.
6. Keep them engaged with eNewsletters. These are regular updates, usually monthly, via website and email that help with customer retention, and again remind your customers that you are the expert in your industry. Supplement text here with video and audio.
7. Widgets and badges. A widget is a mini-app that displays or updates data either locally or on the web – to share something of value and interest. A badge is a simple graphic designed for fun, to show support, or promote certain standards online. All highlight you.
8. Look like an expert with Interviews. Here we are talking about interviewing industry experts. By having frequent conversations with experts in your industry, you rank yourself among the top, and show you are connected. You are the company you keep.
9. Videos, stories in motion. Simple videos, less than five minutes in length, you can do yourself and upload to YouTube for display on your website, can turn a blasé idea into a winner. Keep the atmosphere relaxed and fun, to increase traffic, and maybe even go viral.
10. Provide convenience through podcasts. A podcast is basically a non-streaming webcast, usually audio only, for those who want the convenience of downloading and listening via iPod or mobile phone while commuting or working out at the gym. It’s cool.
There are a lot more items of content that could be on this list. But don’t let the number overwhelm you. You don’t need to tackle them all – just pick a few that you think you can do well, and consistently. The key is new content on a regular basis to attract the attention of search engines and new customers.